Please join us for METRO's Career Day! Mark your calendars for March 23, 2018 from 9-1pm.
METRO has developed a program that explores major career options available to I/O and OD professionals, students, and those looking to make career transitions. Join us to hear early career and senior practitioners discuss the knowledge, skills, abilities, and characteristics that employers are seeking and how they go about identifying suitable candidates. In addition, hear about the latest trends in the job market and the ins and outs of the job search from recent job seekers. Career Day will include a panel discussion and networking sessions where you will have an opportunity to talk with experts and colleagues directly about issues in your career development. This year our exciting group of panelists will include applied psychologists from a variety of industries and work environments. The program starts at 9:20 AM, but please join us at 9:00 AM for coffee and networking! The event should end by approximately 1:00 PM.
Below is a glimpse into the agenda:
- Corporate, Academic, and Consulting Panels with the following esteems panelists...
- Jenna Case-Lee – PepsiCo
- Comila Shahani – Hofstra
- Anastasia Louka – Verizon
- Mike Nigro - MTA
- David Makowski – c4
- Kirsten Mosier - Hogan
- Vivian Woo - Mercer/Sirota
- Pat Marshall - Consultant
- Kathy Bittner - Bittner & Associates
- Michel Buffett - YSC
- Courtney Deyulio - AON
- Networking and informal discussion with panelists
- A Recruiter's Perspective: Bonnie Diamond - Right Management
Some of the issues and questions that will be addressed during Career Day include...
- A close-up explanation of the differences between the internal and external consultant role.
- What shifts in perspective do we need to make given the current work environment?
- What technical and non-technical resources are available for help in the job search?
- How can I provide added value or distinguish myself from everyone else?
- Some perspectives on how careers progress.
- What do employers want to see on my resume?
- Current trends in job markets
- Internships - are they out there, are they worth it, and if so, how do I get one?
Please register NOW! Many people are signing up, but we can accommodate several more! To do so, complete the registration form by clicking the link below