Audrey Smith is the senior vice president for DDI’s Talent Diagnostics around the globe, and also serves on DDI’s Operating Committee. Her customer driven thought leadership, experience and expertise have helped shape DDI’s succession, assessment and development offerings across the leadership pipeline, from the C-suite to the front line. Most recently, her team launched DDI’s pioneering mid-level virtual assessment, Leader3 Ready®.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. and M.A. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from Colorado State University, where she taught courses in psychometrics and industrial and organizational psychology
- B.A., Pennsylvania State University
- Member, Society for Industrial & Organizational Psychology, American Psychological Association
Key Capabilities and Experience
Highlights of Audrey’s professional career include:
- Being a key strategist and architect for DDI’s approach, process, and tools associated with executive succession and development programs for high potentials up through C-suite leaders.
- Collaborating with Fortune 1000 organizations around the world in best-practice talent management implementations across an array of business needs, including succession, selection, mergers and acquisitions, strategy execution, employee testing, performance management, and senior team alignment.
- Coauthor, Grow Your Own Leaders (2002), a comprehensive guide on how to identify, develop and retain leadership talent.
- Coauthor, Leaders Ready Now (pending, with Paese & Byham, 2016), Accelerating Growth in a Faster World
- Numerous publications and book chapters, (sampling below):
1. “Executive Selection as a Strategic Business Decision” (article, with Ann Howard, published in the May 2009 Industrial and Organizational Psychology)
2. The CEO’s Guide to Talent Management—Building a Global Leadership Pipeline ( with Rich Wellins and Bob Rogers); The CEO’s Guide to Innovation (with Ellie Hall)
3. “Finding Future Perfect Senior Leaders: Spotting Executive Potential” (article, with Bob Rogers)
4. “High Resolution Leadership : A synthesis of 15,000 Assessments into Big Data about Today’s Leaders” (2015, with Sinar, Paese, Wellins, Watt).
- Leading DDI’s Global Assessment Operations, responsible for ensuring global quality, accuracy and consistency for leadership assessment around the world.